I have spent years drooling over Charlotte Tilbury products. The packaging, the quality, the amazing reviews…all very up my alley. What was NOT up my alley, was the price tag.
$34 for a lipstick? I’m sorry, what?
But a month or so ago I gave in, and purchased a number of things off the website. One of the main things I wanted to get was one of her Instant Look in a Palettes. I was completely torn between the Natural Beauty and Seductive Beauty palettes, but I finally decided on the Natural Beauty palette. It was the first in the series, and I had a good feeling that the colors would work with my pale skin tone.
It was like Christmas when I opened that package (I also got the Classic Pencil in Audrey, and the Pillow Talk lip kit). Everything was wrapped up beautifully, and I legitimately didn’t want to open anything because I didn’t want to destroy the packaging.
So I had very high expectations for this. I do SO MUCH research before buying a product, and I read tons of reviews that just raved about this palette.
- I love how simple this makes your makeup routine. It has everything you need in a neat little compact, and you don’t have to worry about making different products work well together. And the mirror is HUGE!
- Piggy-backing on the simple aspect, every pan is numbered and labeled, so you know exactly what each pan is and where to put it.
- I’ve used this almost every day since I’ve gotten it, which is really saying a lot. It’s great for an every-day makeup look (especially if you work in a professional workplace environment), and you can easily use it to transition into a night look, as well.
- I have yet to do his, but I’ve read that it’s really handy to travel with. It’ll definitely cut down on the amount of products you bring with you.
- Having VERY pale skin, I feel like the bronzer is a tad too orange/dark for me. I can definitely make it work, but the bronzer in the Seductive Palette looks like it’ll suite me better.
- The pans for the blush shades are just too damn small. I have to use a not very wide brush just so I don’t get any of the bronzer/highlighter along with it.
In the end, I’m very happy I invested in this and will continue to use this (probably most days!). I definitely have my eyes on the Seductive Palette for my next order!