Summer is officially ending, and I couldn’t be happier (although it’ll probably still feel like summer until October…oh Virginia weather). I’ve slowly been stocking up on sweaters, boots, and yes, all of my favorite Bath and Body Works fall candles. There isn’t really a time I look forward to more than fall time. Except for Christmas. But that’s a WHOLE other ballpark.
I didn’t do a July favorites post, so I’m combining it with my August favorites. Which turned out pretty well, since I didn’t try a lot of new things in August.
- Kristin Ess’s The One Signature Shampoo and Conditioner – first of all, I absolutely LOVE the scent of these products. Some people say it’s a little overwhelming, but I personally like scents like that. Second of all, can we just talk about the packaging. Kristen Ess did really well on that aspect. I especially like how the bottles are soft and squezeable. This is just a really good combo; I feel like it’s super basic in a good way. And both also sulfate-free – always a plus in my book.
- Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint (Light) – am I really late to the game with these Glossier products? Oh well. .Anyone expecting something with a lot of coverage from this product is looking in the wrong place. What this does is just even out your skin to make it look like your skin, only better. I love using this on days where I’m not wearing a lot of makeup. The only con I have with this is that it can get a tad messy – but I’m willing to look over that for the nice, dewy, even skin it gives me.
- Glossier Boy Brow (Blond) – I was really on the fence about this product for 2 reasons. First, I never ever do anything to my brows normally. I don’t pluck them, I don’t put product in them. I got them threaded one time, but to me it looked like it didn’t do anything. So I was worried that using a brow product would just be pointless for me. Second, I had a really hard time deciding between the blond color or the brown color. My hair is a brownish, redish, blonde color, and it was extremely difficult to tell which color would be best for me. I ended up going with the blond to be safe, and it’s basically the same exact color as my brows (hooray!). This keeps my brows tame during the day and adds a little color without it looking like my brows are DONE, which has never really been a look I’ve gone for.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick (I have the shades Shake Down, Blum Bum, and Matador) – HOLY FUCK GUYS. I can’t even BEGIN to describe how amazing these are. Let me preface this my saying that although they are good, the Colourpop liquid lipsticks just don’t stay on my lips all day; I say that because I know those are holy grail liquid lipsticks for some people. BUT JESUS. The L’Oreal ones LITERALLY DON’T COME OFF MY LIPS. FOR THE ENTIRE DAY. And they’re not drying at all! Where have these been all my life. I want every color. Even though some might not look good with my skin tone. I’ll wear it anyway. They’re THAT GOOD.
P.S. – use this link to get 10% off your first order at Glossier, if you feel so inclined: http://bff.glossier.com/fz-tQ
Not much in either of these categories, so I thought I’d lump them together.
- Allbirds Wool Runners (Natural Grey/Light Grey Sole) – I do admit that I kind of gave into the hype on these. And I’m SO GLAD that I did. I am not exaggerating when I say that these are the comfiest shoes I have ever worn. The didn’t need breaking in at all. And the fact that I don’t have to wear socks with them just makes it even better (my shoes somehow always end up eating my socks). The light grey color I ended up getting looks a lot better than either the plain black or white ones, in my opinion. And they still go with everything! Also plus: they’re machine washable. Do I need to say more?
- Sleepytime Extra Tea – ok, true story: I have the WORST time falling asleep at night. It’s so bad sometimes that I contemplate just chugging some Nyquil (which I actually have done on some occasions…). I used to drink the regular Sleepytime tea, but to me, it was kinda just caffeine free tea. I needed MORE. Sleepytime Extra has all of the goodies of regular Sleepytime, but it also has valerian, which according to the website, has been used as a sleep aid for a long time. And I do find that this helps me fall asleep better. It could just be placebo. All I know is, it’s nice to have a cup of tea before bedtime, and if there’s something in there that’ll help me sleep better, I’m all over it.
- My Favorite Murder podcast – one of my coworkers turned me on to this podcast. I’ve always been fascinated by true crime, and this satisfies my weird craving for murder stories. Karen and Georgia, the 2 hosts, are hilarious, so there’s a nice balance of depression and comic relief. I’ve been listening to them at work for the past month and half, and I don’t know what I’m going to do when I’m all caught up and have to wait a WEEK for new episodes. It’s like getting caught up on a Netflix show.
That’s all of my favorites for the past 2 months! Anyone else try those matte lipsticks? Anyone else secretly love murder stories? Lemme know!