This year is just really flying by, isn’t it? I still can’t really wrap my head around the fact that it’s already July. Like…what. (But also who’s already excited for Christmas?…Just me? Alrighty)
Today I have a good old fashioned monthly favorites post, and I’m just going to dive right in.
Counterclockwise from top:
- The Body Shop – Chamomile Silky Cleansing Makeup Remover Oil : I’ve tried so many different micellar waters, and I can now safely say that they’re not for me. I really don’t know what it is; they just don’t work well with my skin. So in my quest to find a new makeup remover, I snagged this in a super sale on The Body Shop’s website. I’ve only been using it for about 2 weeks, but I’m in love. You massage it into dry skin, then wash off with warm water and your makeup is just GONE. It has a really pleasant smell, and the best part? It leaves my skin feeling moisturized, not tight at all. Gotta love it.
- L’Oreal – Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara : This has been one super hyped up mascara. And for good reason. This stuff is amazeballs. Everyone has been saying that this is a dupe for Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara, and I have to agree. They even have that same baby pink colored tube! This definitely makes my lashes more voluminous, and lasts a really long time. This can get a little clumpy, but with some fanegaling it’s easily fixed.
- Wet n Wild – Megalast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick (pictured is Pink Really Hard, but I also have Berry Recognize and Missy and Fierce) : These are some of the more comfortable matte liquid lipsticks I’ve worn. They last a really long time, and if you need to reapply, they apply well on top of themselves. What really gets me is the price. These are $5. That’s ColourPop pricing, sure, but you can get these at any local Target or Walgreens. And that’s pretty wonderful. I’m very seriously considering getting all of them.
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel – World Wide Red : First of all, can we all take a minute and appreciate the puns that always accompany nail polish colors? I geek out at them, every time. Anyway, I’ve been reaching for this color a lot this summer – it’s the perfect orangey red for me. And with this gel formula, it stays for a while. A while for me, at least – I lean towards the more clumsy side of things.
- Glossier – Cloud Paint (I have Puff and Dusk) : Like everyone else on the planet, I kind of have an obsession with all things Glossier. They embody that I-woke-up-like-this perfection. And these cloud paints are everything I could ever want. The blend amazingly, look great on the skin, and don’t fade (for me, at least). Puff is great when I want a super flushed looking cheek, and I use Dusk more as an every day color – it’s great for people who don’t really like blush. I don’t even have to think about getting the other colors.
- Revlon – ColorStay Creme Eyeshadow (Praline) : I’m in love with this color. It’s a very subtle, somewhat shimmery, beigey pink. This remind me a lot of the Maybelline Color Tattoos, but to me, Revlon’s seem to me a little more creamy. This is a great, easy, every day color for me, and it stays put. I’m really trying to restrain myself from buying all of them.
- Moheda – Betty Clog (Cognac) : I got these from a small thrift/vintage/hipstery shop near me in Richmond (Yesterday’s Heroes, if anyone is interested). These are so freakin comfortable. They’re easy to walk in and I have yet to receive a blister from them, even when wearing them all day. And they’re Swedish, so you know they’re good.
And that’s all of my favorites for this month! Let me know what your recent favorites are in the comments 🙂